Sunday, September 19, 2010

Common Car Seat Misuses

Mobile Car Seat Checkup Van National Child Passenger Safety Week (September 19-25) is upon us. Over the past year, I have participated in many car seat inspections and it has become very clear to me that many car seats have not been inspected by a certified child passenger safety technician (CPST). The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that 73% to over 90% of child restraints are misused. In my experience, over 95% of the car seats that I have assisted with were misused in some way (installation, location of seat, child restrained properly, safety of the seat itself, etc). To date, I have seen 2…that’s right…2 car seats that passed inspection. Let’s take a look at some common mistakes to help you avoid making the same.

Read More...

No comments:

Post a Comment